Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Momentous Event in History

Today was a pretty fantastic day and here is why.

I AM THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER AT THE GYM.

You should know that I have never been the grand prize winner of anything and I was expecting to win a pencil. So, obviously I was ecstatic, as was Emely since we were in it to win it together from the start. And now we will be enjoying dinner out, massages, and a night at a hotel via grand prize.

Then. Lunch with the ever-hilarious Ashlee who allowed me to interrupt our lunch with phone calls/high pitched squealing to people about my grand prize

Then. My boys just made my heart so happy at work. I was "the only staff who is not an idiot" to the 10-year-old. And then I took a group off campus to do a clean-up and they did so amazingly well. One of those rare times when everyone in the group is looking out for the welfare of everyone else and willing to make compromises. I could care less if they all grow up to be brilliant scholars or "successful" billionaires. If they can treat each other with the dignity and respect they did tonight, well, my job is done.

1 comment:

M.L.E $ said...

I just read this blog and the one above it. K I appreciate you so much because your inspirational not in a cheesy way but in a everyday, moment by moment life 's hard but push through kind of way. I love you!