Sunday, January 1, 2012

I resolve?

I usually don't make New Year's Resolutions. I just feel so pressured to succeed with generally-unreasonable goals and then explode. But this year, I was very anxious to keep the ball of personal growth rolling. So I have made what I feel to be some modest goals. The catch is that they are only for one month, most of them. If, after a month, I still like them, I'll keep going for another month. If not, it was a month's worth of trying something out. (Some of these goals were taken from/inspired by this blog.) 1) Document every day with one photograph and one paragraph. Pretty self-explanatory.
2) Define one long-term goal and work on it for 30 minutes every day. Writing. Blogging, journalling, poetry, prose, whatever. This round is just going to be about making a habit.
3) Run 12 miles a week. Multiply by 1.5 if walking and by 4 if biking.
4) The 8th Avenue Bibliophages have committed to reading 24 books by the end of the year. Every time we finish a book, we put a dollar in a jar and at the end of the year we each buy a new book and a new books to donate somewhere.
Other plans for the year include reorganizing the whole garage to make room for seedlings, composting, gardening, as a house we plan to host at least one party/dinner/movie a month, guitar lessons, cooking more, canning, finding people to jam with, etc. etc. etc. We'll see how it turns out! Cheers!

1 comment:

kimberlea faye said...

Oooh I want to do some canning too! Count me in if you need a clueless friend to help out.