Monday, June 16, 2008

Rollin' with the homies

So I got accepted. And so did Astin--September 22nd will find is in Madrid. I can't really believe it, but it definitely got a lot more real. We'll be there at the school for a month taking classes on how to teach english to get our TEFL certificate, plus student teaching. Then after that, we're guaranteed 15 hours a week at the school and then we have to find private students.

We also got a puppy. She's a chow mix named Electra.Shoot, time to go to work, more later.
-----
Back from work. Which is, by the way, excellent. I still work at the coffee shop but I also work with 1st-5th graders at a day camp. They're hilarious. I'm used to working with jr. high kids, so the complete inability to reason throws me off. Really, all they care is that somethingdid not go their way. Nothing else matters. I have a new respect for my old comrades at Cannon Beach.

Tomorrow, Astin and i are meeting to discuss financial matters. We're trying to decide if we'll have the finances to make it by September or if we'll have to wait for the next program in October. We'd liketogo in September, but I'm just not sure.

I do know that Anne's spacebar doesn'twork...

No comments: