Sunday, December 27, 2009

Hollywood Stars

I'm wondering if I get a prize for 100 blogs. I'd like a medal. I much prefer medals over trophies except when I prefer trophies over medals.

Christmas this year went off pretty smoothly. Nothing wild and fancy, just a small family gathering. Padre was in rare form this year busting out many hilarious moments including when he decided to adopt my sister's phrase--"frickin' deluxe". You don't know the full scope of that phrase till it comes out of the mouth of your 53 year old father. There was also the moment when he looked at the package of Milky Ways he received for backpacking trips and declared, "Oh Milky Ways! We will have many special adventures!"

Hands down, however, the highlight of hilarity came from my grandmother, who at 86, had forgotten to turn up her hearing aids. I handed her a box of dog treats and said, "Grandma, our dog got some treats for Christmas, you should feed him one." She responded with, "Mmm! Smells nice!" I said, "I don't think so. They're liver treats." It was taking her a moment to get settled, so I turned my attention elsewhere. Seconds later, I heard the booming voice of my father shouting, "GRANDMA! GRANDMA!" As she is very hard-of-hearing, it took her a minute to stop chewing. "What?" That's when my dad shouted, horrified, "That's dog food!" My grandma paused to spit out the wet, half-chewed treat into her hand and examine it closer. Then she fed it to the dog who saw nothing wrong with the scenario. As she smacked the remains in her mouth she said, "Hm! Tastes just fine to me!" Oh g-ma.

No comments: