Monday, December 21, 2009

Odds and Ends

I realize that most of my work stories are "had-to-be-there" types. But I think this one will transfer.

I am driving our oversized van full of kids. We have a lot of Jewish students so one student pops his contemporary CD into the CD player. First off, Hebrew rap is an experience in itself. Secondly, all the other boys were whining. Then a song, very obviously still in Hebrew, yet with a miniscule mariachi feel to it, came on. One of the kids pipes up:

"I feel like I'm in frickin Mexico!"
Me, dryly - "Good. Enjoy the sun."
Student, needing a comeback, "No, like reTARded Mexico."

I was not actually aware of that geographical region. But this is the sort of thing I listen to every day.

In other news, I have a lovely bunch of friends and I got to celebrate Christmas with them this weekend. Let's just say that a lot of interesting joke material comes from high pressure games like Catch Phrase. I'm also pretty sure that all my presents are wrapped. Whoop!

No comments: