Saturday, March 20, 2010

POST 100! Pickle Patrol.

I've been waiting for a great event to come along that would be 100th-post-worthy. And let me tell you, I found it.

As many of you know, I am extremely fond of order in the household. Not that everything has to BE in order, but it should HAVE an order just in case I wanted to put it there. Which is why the enormous jar of pickles in our garage was a problem for me. You see, no one knows where it came from or why it's been in our garage so long. And I had no place to put it when I went on my garage cleaning rampage a few months ago. I've been jonesing to get it out of here and tonight, Emely and I hatched a plan.

While the rest of our roommates were at the Jason Alpenis concert, we loaded up the jar of pickles in the trusty backpack I've had since high school.

Emely brought her backpack, which she also has had since high school, "just in case we find anything while we're out."

We then composed this note:


After that, we rode around our neighborhood on our bicycles until we found a very proper-looking one-story house with a nice looking lawn and daffodils. And we left it in their driveway.

Unfortunately, before departing, the pickle jar tipped over and leaked all over my backpack, causing me to smell faintly of vinegar the entire voyage. This happened twice.

Since we still had daylight left, we rode to a path that Emely knew of with some ancient runes spray painted on it. We stopped to chat with some horses when Em decided to get rid of some excess spit she had in her mouth. Her technique is really pretty incomprehensible and can best be described as a sort of wind up and pitch action. Unfortunately, during the second launching, she wasn't really paying attention to the direction of the wind and spat directly into my face. That was neat. Emely was unable to stand due to laughing so hard about the spit on my face.

We then decided to cross a bridge across the canal. Here, Emely is featured "moving up in the world" from the sloth butt scoot she performed going the other way. All in all, a fantastic ride.

3 comments:

ashlee said...

BAhahaha... I think the pickles were a gift to Syd from her gpa... She clearly needed them. I mean really when WOULDN'T a 10lb. jar of pickles come in handy?

amanda said...

I imagine the husband of the house to bring them in. While the wife is distracted yelling at the children, he is tasting the pickles to see if they are good. She then turns around and freaks out about how disgusting he is, takes the pickles away and walks off muttering about how she is surrounded by children. He then shrugs and turns on the TV to find the score of the game.

disclaimer: I know NOTHING about the house, I just have time to entertain myself, and that was the first most entertaining situation I can think of.

Syd said...

OMG how fabulous! That is SO amazing. Also...not my pickles, though they were there when I lived there too. I do know where they were from though! They were from Dave Hoodle. They were left overs (yes, hard to believe he bought that plus some, haha) from the bbq at the cider pressing party a few years ago :o) Fab that everyone forgot. Nerds. My gpa did gift me some pickles, but just a very small jar which are no longer in the house :o) Ps, I love adventures!