Monday, May 23, 2011

Recent happenings from various hoods

Okay. Let's all catch up, shall we?

1) I am motherfing dairy and gluten free now. After some bloodwork, I discovered I was pretty allergic to pretty much all kinds of dairy (my doctor even advised me to stay away from yak milk. True story.) So I went on an elimination diet for dairy, pineapple, cranberries, bananas, buckwheat, asparagus, and sesame seeds...all things my body supposedly hates. But I still had my continual sniffles/throat clearing. So then my doctor said, "Cut out gluten, it's the next most likely culprit." After some tearful moments, I promptly ate some gluten-filled tortillas and bid gluten goodbye. This is day three and I have a ton more energy (I feel like I've had coffee before I've actually had it) and I can breathe much easier. HOWEVER, there is still some nonsense going on with my sinus system. I'm not sure I'm willing to eliminate anything else because eating out is a pain in my ass because I can pretty much have a glass of orange juice while everyone else slathers cheese-filled pasta all over their face. Okay so no one I know slathers pasta on their face, but they could. I would feel the same way. :) So we'll see.

2) I bought a new pack for our backpacking trip this summer, but mostly for Argentina. It's red and beautiful. We are growing closer every day.

3) We found a house. Not where I had originally wanted, but it's super cute, old, and has a ton of random nooks, crannies, and fuse boxes. One of the fuses is literally labeled, no joke, "jail closet" hahaha. Guests, no funny business or you're going to the jail closet and we're blowing the fuse. So now we are in the tedious business of moving, which is one of the most annoying tasks on the planet, in my opinion. Maybe in the galaxy.

4) I'm going to be a shift manager in June. Yikes. Way more responsibility, so we'll see how that goes.

5) I'm going to Utah this weekend to see ADELE!!! I am excited out of my mind, minus the fact that I'm going alone. I've never been to a concert alone, so I hope it meets all my wildest dreams. If anyone is passionate about seeing Salt Lake for part of one day, feel free to ride along! :D

P.S. Congrats to these kids...one for getting married and the other one for graduating!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

1. Next time we eat out together, I'll join you in the tough decision making. Certain cheeses have never been my bff since Africa, but usually, I eat it and enjoy until it blasts revenge an hour later. hahaha

2. I am soooo excited to keep updated on your Argentinian adventures.

3. I love your face, and I'm excited to see it again in a few weeks. :)