Monday, May 30, 2011

www (not just for the world wide web anymore)

WhirlWind Weekend

So. We moved. Alli, Anne, and I all live a smaller house in downtown. We can walk/bike to the grocery store and coffee shops/restaurants, etc. I did that anyway, but now I don't have to nearly kill myself using 16-lane stops (that one goes out to you, Jenny, "So what".) It's a cute, old house with tons of nooks, crannies, built-in storage, light switches that go to nothing or to something in another room, etc. We started things off right by me locking us out of the garage and Steve having to bust in.

Friday and Saturday where a wild frenzy of packing, cursing, and cleaning. Just a heads up, moving large furniture with sharp corners down the stairs by yourself...not a good idea. Sunday, I got up, loaded the car and drove solo down to Salt Lake to see my beloved ADELE in concert. There are only 2 artists on the planet I would drive 5 hours to another state to see, and she's one of them. You can imagine my devastation when she had to cancel her show due to illness. I have great faith, however, that she will reschedule and I will be seeing her on the 25th. So, I spent the night driving around, looking at cool old buildings, visiting Whole Foods, and watching Animal Planet in the cool hotel I booked on priceline. Check it out. www.peeryhotel.com And then I drove back in time for work today. Yeehaw. The moment I most appreciated tonight was when a boy got angry and decided to argue with me/curse me out while SIMULTANEOUSLY trying to eat snack. The result was a goldfish cracker stuck to his lip and flapping around with every "hell no."

I really should sleep. Keep it real out there, readers.

No comments: