Monday, July 14, 2008

Buy a one-way ticket on a west bound train

On Saturday I bought a one-way ticket to Madrid. I often think I might be out of my mind.
...
All of the cheap tickets doubled in price so it was kind of a last-minute make-it-or-break-it kind of a deal, so we both bought a one-way ticket. I really think I'm crazy. But I'm in it to win it.

In order to pay for that one-way ticket, I've been working my ass off a bit. This is due to the fact that I don't make very much money. I also added a house-cleaning job to my other two jobs. That was really a mental shift for me. As much as we say all jobs/people/etc. are the same, that's not what we really believe.

And now I have pink eye. I haven't had it since I was a little kid. I'm not sure if I even got it then. It was probably inevitable, but I have no memories of it. I feel a little let down by my immune system. I suppose the feeling is mutual.

1 comment:

Erin Hope said...

every time I have ever bought a one way ticket I've stayed longer than planned.... that's what happened in Ireland, Oregon, New haven.... (I wish India : ) but I had both ways then) glad you're not me. I hope things are going well for you. and it sounds like spain will be really good. and yes, you're crazy. and also, no, you're not crazy. : ) you're kate and you have more sense than most people in the world.