Friday, July 25, 2008

Super Shark Storms the Seas

Oh mi blog. I have not written in thee for quite some time. So I'm becoming that girl that likes little kids. Today was play in the sprinklers day at work and we had a lot of fun. I wish I were staying after the summer program, but it's just not feasible. They haven't offered and I wouldn't accept if they did. It's bittersweet to see the disappointed look in the kids' faces when I tell them I won't be here in the fall. The little breakthroughs mean a lot. Like the girl who tells me that she still likes me even though all I do is torture children. Or the moments when a flash of presence comes into Brayden's eyes long enough to call me an old grandma and run away before he returns to the distant look again.

Life marches on at a fairly regular pace. Did I say I bought a one-way ticket to Madrid? That was weird. I haven't felt peaceful in a while. I think working lots of hours, not enought time with the people Icare about, and something going on all the time is taking its toll. But I haven't whined very much. It's not the coolest thing to inflict your choices on the people around you. No one but me made me go to Spain. Which, ironically, ends up being my saving grace. I remind myself that I'm choosing to be at work at 5:20 in the morning. For a recovering control-freak like myself, that is power :)

I took Julie's advice and I'm vacationing for a year. From anything religious. And I enjoy it. I also enjoy her family. The twins and I went to the store in our costumes. I was just dressed up from Superhero day at work (I was Super Shark with a giant fin on my head), and they just wanted to wear costumes. We boldly took the grocery store by storm.

The End.

No comments: