Sunday, November 23, 2008

Anne, remember when I ate the leg off your gingerbread man?

Hark. I bloggeth this day to tell thee of my life. So during weekdays, my life consists mostly of lesson planning, teaching, making flashcards, and cooking. For some reason I seem to make a lot of flashcards. I don’t really have responsibilities on Fridays, so I run various errands/have fun that day. This Friday I went shopping for boots. Some of you have had the horror of shopping with me before and know my deep indecision especially when spending more than 9 dollars. Boots cost much more than 9 dollars. This is the second time I’ve been looking and I still haven’t made any decisions. I just look like a creeper walking back and forth in front of the same store windows. Friday evening, I went out with some friends to a “Mexican” restaurant. I put that word in quotations because the Mexican with us said she’d never seen half the stuff we paid exorbitant prices for. It was one of those gatherings where you invite a few people who invite a few people and you end up with a big hilarious group. I talked more to the people I met that night than the people I came with and a good time was had by all.

Thanksgiving is coming up in a few days and I hope you all have a beautiful holiday with the people you love. I’m not sure what I’ll be doing…there’s a party/potluck with Canterbury, but who knows. For Christmas, I believe Astin’s friends Kristin and Jeremy will be staying with us over the holiday since they have a 5 day layover on their way home from Africa. It should be good times—we already have sugar cookie schemes.

2 comments:

kimberlea faye said...

do you need any baking items mailed to you? i've heard that baked goods aren't the same in europe as they are in the US. if you need anything, let me know.

Anne said...

of course I remember when you ate it. who could forget one of the most tragic moments of their life...not me.