Sunday, November 23, 2008

Now, how about that.

On Saturday we took a bus up to El Escorial which is much closer to the mountains. We went to a HUGE monastery/castle. Lots of artwork, architecture, and also wind. We tried to play Frisbee but it was actually, “Aaah! Run quickly after that disc rolling across the courtyard before it knocks over a small child.”

We also saw several dead kings, which Amber felt to be the real selling point of the trip. This is the 3rd museum-ish that I’ve been to so far and it was my favorite. The rooms were different enough to keep my attention. In other places, you can really only look at so many pictures of the crucifixion/the disciples/ugly male rulers before they all start to look the same. That happened at the Prado. My brain was numb. And I only made it through probably 15% of the Prado. The monastery had some paintings/tapestries I recognized as famous, but the Prado had more…like this one.




But my favorite one?

Oh yes. I walked around the corner and almost ran into this. I lau
ghed out loud. Involuntarily. And then I read the info box to see what the joke was, but there’s no joke. It’s real. Whoops.


1 comment:

ashlee said...

hahahaha I love you :o) I'm very glad to hear about your adventures.