Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Iguazú Falls

Well, we had our first end-of-month break. We all went to Iguazú Falls. Google it. Here are some memorable points: -Sprinting for and missing the 7:45 bus. Walking 45+ min to the next town and doing the SAME thing. Misplacing my beloved slouch hat and handkerchief in the process. Meeting really awesome street vendors and spending time talking with them and hearing about all the stuff they make and places they’ve traveled. A cheap, good hostel. Going to the falls, realizing my stomachache wasn’t going away, and in fact it was getting worse. Looking at the most amazing waterfalls ever for about 6 seconds and then trying to run to the nearest puking spot. Getting stuck behind two old ladies blocking the path who did not seem to grasp that I WAS GOING TO BARF ON THEM. No amount of “excuse me”’s helped. I finally got past them and spent the whole rest of the day on a bench and then creeping down the path with frequent rests on the side of the road. The next day we went back, took the boat tour into the falls and the river float. Amazing. Enough said. Drawing trade night. You basically start drawing and then pass it around the circle trading once you get sick of your drawing. Someone waking up having no idea where their wallet was or why they weren’t wearing pants. Not one, but TWO people finding out that they had burrowing insects in their feet that needed removal. Street surgery. Of course there was more to the trip, but these are some good highlights.

2 comments:

kimberlea faye said...

Great picture, but next time could you hold a current newspaper so I know you're alive? Appreciate it.

anon said...

umm... how likely is it that I will get burrowing insects in my feet when I arrive...? is it too late to refund my ticket?!?