Friday, October 21, 2011

Ye Olde Smalle Update

We continue forth. Most of our concerted efforts are on the house, with a few forays into the kitchen and garden. We spend most of the days laying layers of baked bricks and mud mortar. The walls are high enough that we can start incorporating bottles as sort of a stained-glass situation. I'm learning about using plumb lines and levels and lining things ups. I could post some technical how-tos on this, but I haven't quite wrapped my brain around it enough to blog coherently. I also spend a good amount of time flinging mud at other people. Word like, "punk", "rude", and "idiot" have been thrown in my direction, but I know it's all in love. I have told everyone that they should worry about when stop flinging mud. If you go to the Mama Roja website, you can see results of this mud-flinging. http://mamaroja.blogspot.com This will be the last post for a while. We're mostly focused on just building the house, anyway. We'll be building on our day off, Tuesday, having an all-day fiesta/birthday party/Halloween party/pizza making party/costume party on Thursday and then heading off to some Jesuit ruins on Friday. Should be good times. Below is the pyramid root cellar at the Chacra Suiza that we visited today.

1 comment:

astinsebastian said...

Lish. I love your updates and pictures. I recently got over quite the bout of food poisoning that stranded me in Cleveland for a few days. Made me commiserate with you and your waterfall experience. Literally. Anyway, the search for yucca starch continues...