Saturday, August 2, 2008

Lady raid

There's this part on the movie Never Been Kissed where Drew Barrymore's character decides to dress fashionably to go back to high school. In order to fit in, she consults Seventeen magazine or something. She eventually ends up dressed in white from head to toe, including white jeans. The cool girls all laugh her off and shun what she thought would be awesome.

I have this fear about fashion in Spain.

Those of you who know me are aware that while I am no outcast, I am not exactly a trendsetter. Dressing up sometimes rocks my world, but then again, so do Chacos every day of the week. Oregon really screwed me up...I had to relearn that Chacos are not an acceptable form of footwear with dresses.

Last Wednesday the twins came over and we had a slip 'n' slide in the back yard with Syd. Was it awesome? Yes. We did belly flops, backslides, olympics, and the twins came up with bowling. Naturally we accidentally flooded parts of the yard, but I hope it is recovering nicely.

I still love my job at the day camp and I will be really sad to leave. They didn't really make me an offer to stay, but I would have refused it anyway. I'm making headway with kids that drive me nuts sometimes. And I always feel a little shifty about leaving kids who have just grown to trust me. Plus, you can't really get 20 hugs a day anywhere else. :)

If anyone knows about fashion in Spain...let me know.

No comments: