Friday, August 26, 2011

BOOM!


And that is how you pack 3.5 months worth of stuff (for 2 seasons) into a pack, a carry-on shoulder bag, and a purse. (And you should know that that includes 5 bottles of biodegradable bugspray, ALL the shampoo, deodorant, lotion, sunscreen, blah blah blah, that I will need for the ENTIRE time, whereas normally I would just buy it there. PLUS a yoga mat (barf), hiking books, and an entire set of clothes devoted to working in a muddy garden. And maybe a stuffed animal.)

I have a few last-minute things to add that I really hope will fit, but other than that, I'm pretty much ready. I dyed my first article of clothing (unless you count tie-dye with a squirt gun in the 5th grade, woot to Heidi and Amy). I bought this lovely Columbia fleece from Goodwill for 3.99 but it was cream-colored and we all know my disastrous eating habits despite best efforts. So I dyed it. The intention was eggplant. The result was "royal purple" I believe my mom calls it. One of my less-favorite colors, but better than cream.

Now to cover some recent events. This past weekend I went with Anne, Steve, and Kyla to SLC to attempt to see Adele in concert. This time with great success. But before we did that, we all went to Lagoon. Twice. We rode all the scariest roller coasters and did all the water rides, too. Highlights: the drop-slide in the water park. I just felt really confused as to what was going on, but Anne says this is because I came out sideways, apparently. Listening to what came out of Anne's mouth when we did the "skycoaster" as I usually get punched for saying that. Steve trying to show off on a ride that shoots you up and then slams you down a pillar. It said don't look down, but he did it anyway and hurt his neck so that he had to swivel his entire self when turning to look at something. That was just unfortunate, not a highlight. The funny part came on the next ride. Similar to the Matterhorn at Disneyland, I believe. Where you and another person have to sit in the same car practically in each other's laps. Well, it's a rather violent ride and as you're whizzing around the corner, you're wondering why on earth there's no padding on the metal bars stabbing into your knees. And then coming around one particular corner, my neck was bent sideways, but then I was forced back onto Anne, and Anne popped my neck with her face as she shoved it sideways even more. This was all happening as I could hear Steve howling in pain behind us as his neck already hurt and then Kyla slammed his sunglasses onto his face with the back of her head coming around the same corner. We didn't actually ride that one ever again.

Then Anne and I went to Adele and I could gush for about a thousand million years about how amazing the concert was and how wonderful she was, but I won't. I will say that if you ever have a chance to see her live, TAKE IT.

All in all, an extremely lovely weekend.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

I can't believe you are all packed to leave again. :) I am most excited for you, and I just about died laughing at your roller coaster account. I know that several people in that story were experiencing great amounts of pain, but as usual, your story re-telling makes it quite comical. Love you, and praying you have a good and growing experience these next few months.

Santa Claus said...

Cassafrass! Syd came over tonight and regaled me with stories of her visit with you and apparently a dream about a phone book (bahahaha) and it all made me miss you! :) And for the record, my retelling of the story could not even do justice to the high amounts of hilarity/pain/weird noises that were happening on that roller coaster! Thanks for all the support...I'll need it!