Tuesday, August 30, 2011

So far...

I would like to use the 45 minutes of free internet that the Houston Airport has provided me with to let you all know that I have made it through most of U.S. part of the voyage. I still have 4 hours of layover yet, which, of course I am looking forward to, and then I'll bebop on down to classic Buenos Aires. Claaaasic Buenos Aires.

Chapter the First – In Which We Find Our Protagonist Arrived at the Airport Two Hours Early.
Because mathematics, like walking, is also an apparently difficult subject.

1) Arriving early gave me some quality time to write the track names for the music I had burned onto iTunes. Really, what's better than editing titles at 4:30 in the morning? Sleeping, mainly, comes to mind, but who needs sleep?
2) They couldn't check me past Denver, so I visited with the rep in Denver who bore a striking resemblance to that guy in the Apple Dumpling Gang...Don Knotts, I think? Except not funny. Another rather uneventful flight.
3) I arrived in Houston. The United lady in Boise said I'd have to get my bags here because they couldn't check them to B.A. So I got a little panicked when it didn't come down the claim. Another bonding moment with Continental staff and the woman I only know as "M." (because why put your whole first name on your name tag?) told me that, via the interwebs, she was able to determine that my bags had been checked to B.A. after all. She printed me off a slip that said that and it apparently also works as a "you still have to go through security haha" pass. There was a little holdup due to some "suspicious activity" on my chin, but after doing a visual check, they were able to determine that my chin was probably not a dangerous weapon.

Items of note. I was a little nostalgic about traveling alone, as I usually have my misfortunes/adventures like these with Astin. But then I realized I'm not alone. I have Nilbert. Nilbert is the name of the growing/changing enormous swollen mass on the back of my leg that I got from an experience in my last post. I named it Nilbert because Nilbert is a rather awkward, unfortunate name, and Nilbert's existence is a rather awkward, unfortunate thing. So, we travel together as he routinely reminds me of his presence.
Also. Security is pretty interested in my fake tattoo/band-aid. I also appreciate the people who are really confused about it, but are trying to be polite and not stare. I still catch them. Off to find some dinner. Hopefully I will post an "I'm alive" post from B.A., but we'll see!

No comments: