Sunday, August 23, 2009

Galactic Greetings!

That was the title of the email I got with my sweet action Buzz Lightyear picture in it. I will post that here. Anyway, a whirlwind of activity the past few weeks. The highlights:

-Anne, Kyla, LeeAnne, Ashlee, and I all hopped in Sizzle's car and drove a squillion hours down to Anaheim to the Comfort Inn, which Anne came to refer to as, "The Shadiest Place on Earth." Because, although it has a close proximity to "The Happiest Place on Earth," we still learned about call girls, sketchy people, and police reinforcement from another boarder. Sweet.
-We met up with Jackie, John, and Syd and headed (sans John) to Disneyland and California Adventure for three days. It was a total blast minus a few minor events, one which will be mentioned next. I really liked it, but I kind of felt that my eyeballs were injected with a nervous, colorful electricity and wondered what the difference between Disneyland Day 3 and LSD is.
-The person currently masquerading as Snow White (and also the little-known fairy character--Fawn) is not a nice person. As Snow White, she shut Anne down when Anne requested that she act scared as we held up our apple slices. After acting like a 3-brain-celled ditz for a while, she told Anne, "Why don't YOU do that, while the rest of us pose like pretty princesses?" Vomit.
-Adrienne rescued me and it was good to see her.
-Then we drove up to Syd's shack in Modesto and spent a ridiculous day by the pool. Spoiled? Yes I was.
-Then we drove home.
-I'm pretty sure I got a job at a boys ranch. I had an interview Friday and they left a voicemail asking if I could start on Monday, but didn't tell me what time. Thus far, my efforts to track them down have been fruitless. I'm probably just calling the wrong number. Anyway, it involves working outside, with kids, dogs, horses, etc. And I get to wear jeans and t-shirts and tennis shoes. Bwhahaahahha. I'm pumped.